Tall girls with long legs don’t need to worry – they can wear skinny jeans with every single shoe style and still look good. Shorter girls should be more careful. If they don’t choose the right shoe style, they will look even shorter!
Girls love to wear skinny jeans, but sometimes make mistakes when choosing the shoes they wear them with.
The jeans we are pairing today are Balmain Distressed Mid-Rise Skinny Jeans (available at net-a-porter.com). Here are our suggestions on what shoes to wear with these.
1. Ballet Flats
Skinny jeans look very cute and casual when paired with simple ballerina flats. However, I wouldn’t recommend this look to shorter girls.
This particular outfit is inspired by the classic combination of nude and black. Accessorize with a unique piece of jewelry – this cute cat necklace gives the outfit a cool touch.
- Acne Nude Zorah Tencel Top (seasonsclothing.co.uk)
- Prada Large Saffiano Luxe Shopper (flannelsfashion.com)
- Wolf and Moon Cat Necklace (hannahzakari.co.uk)
- TOMS Alessandra Burlap Ballet Flats (toms.com)
Shorter girls should definitely avoid wearing flats, but they can never go wrong with classic pumps. We suggest a pair in a nice, strong summer color. Wear them with a simple white shirt, an everyday bag and a cute piece of jewelry.
- J. Crew Blythe Silk Blouse (net-a-porter.com)
- Giuseppe Zanotti Shoes (couture.zappos.com)
- Miu Miu Top Handle Bag (miumiu.com)
- Irene Neuwirth Rainbow Moonstone and Diamond Pendant (brownsfashion.com)
When in doubt, wear wedges! Wedges are the prefect shoes for spring and summer, and they look great with skinny jeans. Spice it up with your favorite accessories – a cute bag and a pair of earrings.
- Summer Tee Marshmallow White Broderie Anglaise (mulberry.com)
- Hopper House Framed Darcy Purse (katespade.com)
- Charlotte Olympia Meredith Striped Canvas Wedge Sandals (net-a-porter.com)
- Vintage Black Lucite CC Logo Chanel Earrings (fashion.1stdibs.com)
4. Ankle Boots
These Jeffrey Campbell shoes are a fashion statement! They are perfect for creating a punkish, rock outfit. Wear them with a matching studded bag and a cute tank top.
Don’t forget a cool piece of jewelry! This Alexander McQueen bee and skull ring is a wonderful addition to this outfit.
- Alexander McQueen Bee and Skull Ring (harrods.com)
- Jeffrey Campbell Lita Spike Ankle Boots Black Leather (jildorshoes.com)
- Skinny Cross Tank (wildfoxcouture.com)
- Ruthie Davis Collection Handbag (ruthiedavis.com)
If you don’t like wearing heels, choose a comfy pair of sandals. Denim looks great combined with nude and light pink shades, so we chose a nude top, a cute nude bag and a pair of sunglasses.
Sunglasses are the perfect summer accessory, and once the temperature gets really high, you’re going to need them to protect your eyes and skin from the summer sun. Make sure you choose a pair you can wear every day.
- Emanuela Caruso Crystal Porcelain Swarovski Crystal Leather Sandals (jades24.com)
- D&G Dolce & Gabbana Nude Silk Top (stylebop.com)
- Victoria Beckham Butterfly Oversized Sunglasses (mytheresa.com)
- Asos Nude Quilted Lock Across Body Bag (asos.com)