The famous “fashion rule” states that you are not supposed to wear white after Labor Day. In the beginning this rule referred to wearing white shoes between Memorial Day and Labor Day. There are many explanations behind this old rule, but its point is probably to instruct people to wear summer clothes during summer months.
So, this must be the best time of the year to wear white shoes, and here are a few ideas on how to combine them:
1. White and Day
For this outfit we recommend some nice white wedge and a casual brighter color jean. Choose a simple top in any summer color, style it all up with some daily fashion accessories and you will look great and feel sexy in your comfy white shoes.
- Shoes: Ralph Lauren
- Jeans: H&M
- Top: Marene Birger Isolde
- Bag: Givenchy Tote Bag
- Accessories: Amanda Sterett Earrings
2. Let’s Go to the Beach
In white flip-flops, of course. White beachwear has always been considered very popular and incredibly sexy. Nothing will accent your sun kissed skin better than a cute white bikini. Even if you are not a fan of white bikinis you can always go for white footwear and accessories and reach the same effect.
- Shoes: White Sandals with Gold Chain
- Bikini: Zimmermann Devoted floral-print ruffled bikini
- Top: Cream Knot Front Shirt
- Shorts: Ksubi Jing Shorts
- Bag: Flora Bella Ibiza Bag
- Accessories: Croco- Patterned Bangle Set
3. Extreme Elagance
Elegant white shoes go very well with evening gowns in metallic or predominantly light colors. For an extravagant evening event, all you need is a pair of classy satin white shoes and a beautiful matching evening gown. If you choose a white gown, make sure you go for something simple and straight cut because you’d want to avoid looking like you are wearing a wedding dress.
- Shoes: Harriet Wild
- Dress: Oscar de la Renta
- Clutch: Nada Sawaya Minaudieres
- Accessories: Gaydamak Karess Diamon Earrings
4. The Perfect Sporty Look
Nothing will make you look better like simple white trainers or canvas shoes for a relaxing day that you intend to spend outdoors. White sneakers will go great with literally any piece of athletic wear you own.
- Shoes: Superga Classic Trainers
- Shorts: Mother Frayed Cut Off
- Top: Heather Grey
- Bag: Marlboro Shoulder Bag
- Accessories: Michael Kors Watch and Carrera Panamerika Aviators
Cover photo: www.ajaxunion.com