Boiled Tofu With Gingered Soy Sauce
- 1 pound of firm tofu cut into ⅓ inch thick slices
- ¼ cup of water
- ¼ cup of light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons of chopped parsley
- a pinch of green pepper
- Fill a pot with ¼ inch of water and boil it. Immerse tofu pieces in the water and reduce flame. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. When done, take out tofu and let it cool and drain in a colander.
- Prepare the sauce: mix water, soy sauce, ginger, parsley and green pepper. Stir well. Place tofu pieces on a large plate and pour the sauce on top of them. Garnish with some more parsley and serve.
Spicy Grilled Tofu With Green Onions
- 1 pound firm of tofu cut into ½ inch thick slices
- ¼ cup of chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- Drain tofu and use your hands to squeeze out as much water as you can.
- Mix chopped green onions with 1 teaspoon of chili powder and 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds. Add olive oil and whisk well.
- Place tofu slices on a hot grate coated with cooking spray and grill 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Spoon the green onion sauce over them and serve.
- 1 pound of firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 medium green peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 flat teaspoon of curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon of green pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- vegetable oil
- Cook and stir onions in vegetable oil until lightly brown. Add green peppers and sauté 3 more minutes. Stir in tofu cubes and season with curry powder, green pepper and salt. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve with steamed rice.
- Check out the video below, for another great way to make curried tofu.
Aromatic Tofu Spread
- 12 ounces of firm silken tofu, drained
- 5 tablespoons of freshly chopped herbs (dill, parsley, basil and cilantro)
- 1 teaspoon of curcuma
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped almonds
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend well. Serve with toasted bread slices.
Fried Tofu With Cucumber Yogurt Dip
- 1 pound of firm tofu, drained
- 1 cup of firm plain yogurt
- ½ cup of all purpose flour
- 1 cucumber
- ½ tablespoon of paprika
- ⅓ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- ⅓ teaspoon of white pepper
- 1½ tablespoons of dried herbs
- 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh dill
- 2 cloves of garlic
- vegetable oil
- olive oil
- Mince garlic and peel, deseed and chop cucumber into 1/5 inch cubes. Combine garlic, cucumber, black pepper, dill, 1 tablespoon olive oil and a pinch of salt with yogurt. Whisk well and refrigerate for half an hour.
- Cut tofu into rectangular shaped strips, ⅓ inch wide and 2 inch long. Mix flour, paprika, died herbs, salt and white pepper and coat tofu strips with this mixture. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and fry tofu slices until golden brown.
- Spoon the yogurt dip into a small ceramic bowl and place it in the center of a large serving platter. Arrange tofu slices around the bowl and serve.
Grilled Tofu With Garlic and Mushroom Sauce
- 1 pound of firm tofu cut into ½ inch thick slices
- 2 cups of sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons of olive butter
- 1½ teaspoons of minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon of freshly chopped parsley
- Sauté minced garlic in olive butter. Stir in mushrooms and Worcestershire sauce and cook over medium heat, until tender.
- Drain and grill tofu slices 4 minutes on each side, or until brown and crisp. Place them on a plate and spoon mushrooms on top of each slice. Sprinkle with parsley.
Oven Baked Tofu With Vegetables
- 1 pound of extra firm tofu, drained and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons of white wine
- 1 tablespoon of Tamari soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- ½ tablespoons of fresh herbs of your choice<
- ⅓ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup of mushrooms
- 2 carrots
- 1 zucchini
- Combine wine, garlic, sesame oil, fresh herbs, Tamari soy sauce and pepper and stir well. Spread the marinade over and under the tofu cubes. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, roll cut zucchini into ⅓ inch pieces, slice the onion, cut the carrots into 1½ x ⅓ inch strips and separate stems from mushrooms caps. Remove tofu from the marinade and reserve the liquid. Mix vegetables with tofu and place everything in a pan coated with sesame oil. Brush with marinade and cover with aluminum foil. Cook in the oven at 400°F for 30 minutes, or until tender. Remove the aluminum foil and grill for a few more minutes to give vegetables and tofu a nice golden crust.
Tofu, Potato and Mushroom Salad
- 1 pound of firm tofu, drained and cut into 2/3 inch cubes
- 2 medium sized potatoes
- ½ cup of mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped parsley
- black pepper
- Prepare the marinade by combining 4 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of vinegar with parsley, ⅓ teaspoon of pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Steam tofu chunks for 5 minutes and let cool. Place them in a container and coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1hour.
- Boil potatoes, peel them and cut them into ⅔ inch cubes. Slice mushrooms into 1/10 inch thin pieces and cut the onion into very thin half-moons. Stir the vegetables into the tofu marinade and mix well. Season with salt, pepper, 2 tablespoons of vinegar and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley over the salad and serve.
Caprese Tofu Salad
- 12 ounces of extra firm tofu, drained
- 4 medium sized tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
Cut tomatoes and tofu into thin rounds and slices, approximately 1/10 inch thin. Make sure tofu pieces are cut the same size as tomatoes. In a circular pattern, alternate and overlap slices of tofu and tomatoes on a round platter. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper, then tear fresh basil leaves and sprinkle them over the top of the salad.
Tofu and Vegetable Soup
- 1 pound of extra firm tofu, drained and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 3 cups water
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cups of tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium sized zucchini, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 medium sized carrots, sliced
- 1 can of garbanzo beans, drained
- ⅓ head of small cauliflower cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 small potatoes, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- extra virgin olive oil
- grated parmesan cheese
- hot chili oil
- salt and pepper
- Cook and stir onions and tofu in a saucepan, until golden brown. Mix in tomatoes, zucchini, carrots, beans, cauliflower, potatoes garlic and celery. Season with salt and pepper. Add water and 3 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and cook over low to medium heat, until all vegetables are tender. Pour in more water if necessary and stir occasionally while cooking. When ready, pour soup into bowls and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and a few drops of hot chili oil.