If you want to show your love to your man you definitely should cook him a delicious dinner. We give you ideas for romantic meals to cook for him.
With Valentine’s Day coming up, ladies everywhere are looking for romantic ways to pamper their men.
They always say “the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach” and it’s definitely true.
So, instead of trolling around adult stores or booking a romantic dinner at a restaurant, prepare for a romantic night in and cook a delicious meal.
While this is a simple meal in terms of skill and taste, it’s a favourite among men.
There’s something about the simple slurp of a spaghetti noodle that makes a man want his lady to be slurping at the other end.
If you’re both sharing from the same plate, then that’s a romantic bonus…especially if you’re feeding each other.
Don’t forget, it’s also the very same dish that united our favourite Disney Lady and her Tramp.
1. To make the meatballs, sauté onions, parsley and garlic in a couple of teaspoons of olive oil. Cook, stirring often, for 8-10 minutes or until the onions are soft. Remove ¼ of the mixture and set the remainder inside.
2. In a bowl, mix bread crumbs, milk, egg, Italian seasoning, salt and the ¼ cup of the onion mix that was just made. Use your hands to stir in the ground beef and pork, and then form them into 2 inch balls.
3. Warm a tablespoon of oil in a Dutch oven or stock pot. Add the meatballs and cook, turning often, until browned on the outside. (5 minutes or so)
4. To the pot, add crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, minced garlic, pepper, and salt. Add in the remainder of the sautéed onion mix. Bring to a boil over high heat and then reduce and simmer for 20-25 minutes, until the meatballs are cooked through.
5. Cook pasta according to the directions given to you on the package. Place in a serving bowl and spoon the sauce and meatballs overtop. Enjoy!
When it comes to keeping a meal simple, roasted chicken comes to mind. It is an easy, uncomplicated dish that can tantalize his tastebuds and keep his belly full.
Pair it with a nice, fruity wine (such as a Riesling or even a flirty Rose), some mashed potatoes and his favorite veggies to make it complete.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
2. Grease the roasting pan with the olive oil and then place the chicken in.
3. Sprinkle the sage, savoury, rosemary, salt, and pepper all over the chicken.
4. Place the lemon half inside the lower cavity, along with the two cloves of garlic.
5. Place the roasting pan in the oven and let it roast for an hour and 20 minutes, or until juices run clear. Must have an internal temperature of at least 170 degrees Farenheit.
6. Serve with mashed potatoes and your choice of vegetable. Enjoy!
Men are all about meat and potatoes, aren’t they? As long as there’s a nice cut of meat and a starch on their plate, any man will be satisfied with the meal, right?
When it comes to cuts of beef to grill, the Ribeye is the most popular.
It’s tender, well marbled, and absorbs flavour a lot better than some of your usual choice cuts.
Grilled, buttery garlic shrimp is a great topping for a Ribeye if you want to make dinner extra special.
1. Heat the butter in a skillet on medium high heat.
2. Place the shrimp in skillet, along with the minced garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Cover both steaks with the Worcestershire sauce and the remainder of salt and pepper.
4. Heat oil in another skillet over medium high heat. Place steaks in skillet and cook for varying times, depending on degree of wellness preferred.
5. Remove steaks from heat and place upon plates.
6. Top each steak with the garlic shrimp.
7. Serve with boiled baby potatoes and corn.
The French are a notoriously romantic people. It only makes sense that their cuisine is a match to their personalities.
Coq au Vin Blanc is a simple, tasty, romantic dish that is sure to please your man and your taste buds at the same time. It’s a perfect dinner for two!
1. Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or stock pot over medium high heat.
2. Season chicken thighs with salt, and pepper. Place them in hot oil and cook on each side until browned.
3. Remove thighs and set aside.
4. De-glaze pot with the white wine and chicken stock. Stir until all bits are removed from bottom of pot.
5. Return the chicken thighs to the pot.
6. Add the chopped fennel and parsnips and stir until well distributed.
7. Cook over medium heat until chicken is cooked. Internal temperature must be at least 170 degrees and the juices run clear.
8. Serve in a bowl with a sliced baguette.
Not many people associate pork chops with a romantic night in, but this port wine sauce these chops are paired with will be an instant favourite with your man.
He might want you to put this sauce on anything and everything he can…perhaps you should make a stash of the sauce!
1. Bring the shallots, Port and sugar to a boil in a medium sized saucepan. Boil until the mixture is reduced to ¼ cup.
2. Add the broth, return to a boil and reduce again to ¼ cup.
3. Reduce the heat to medium, stir in the plum preserves, half of the salt, half of the pepper, and cook for two minutes. Cover and keep warm on low heat.
4. Combine the coriander, garlic powder, remaining salt, remaining pepper and sprinkle over the pork chops.
5. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chops in a single layer and cook on each side for about 5-6 minutes until cooked through and juices run clear.
6. Serve each chop with the sauce spooned over top. Serve with roasted asparagus and gruyere polenta. Enjoy!
Making a romantic meal for your favourite man isn’t too difficult if you use one of these delicious, decadent recipes.
Not only are they straightforward to make, but they also make any time you spend sharing a meal an unforgettable pleasure.
Keep in mind that men are easy to please when it comes to food, so keep things simple!
Tina C. is a young “Jill of All Trades” who aspires to be a best-selling author someday. A well-educated, well-read, and well-traveled individual, Tina takes pride in all of her work and loves trying something new.
You’ve met a great guy, you find him attractive, you can talk with him for hours, but there’s one “small thing”. He doesn’t want a relationship right now.
Are you unsure about how he feels towards you? Is he just stringing you along? Read on to find out how you can spot if he is not interested in you at all.
It is known that you can blow a man’s mind just by smelling intoxicatingly good. But, which perfume to choose? With these perfumes, you’ll make no mistake!
Every new relationship is a chance to start from the beginning, but becoming jealous of his ex is a sure-fire way to destroy it before it’s even started,
Are you constantly burned by mixed signals and misinterpreted body language? Here are all the answers you need in order to know if he’s interested in you.
Many women don’t know that they care too much about what men think of them. Read on to learn more about this and take a quiz to see if you care too much.
Even if you and your husband are the sweetest couple on earth, there’s a chance that you’ll feel neglected in your relationship. Here are tips to help you smartly deal with it.
Cool wedding locations can be the starting point when looking for inspiration for your wedding. Here are 11 top wedding destinations to celebrate your love!