Do you need a little something to keep you motivated? Here are 20 quotes about passion to keep you going when the going gets tough.
Sometimes we have big plans and dreams, but we become stumped and can’t quite get started. I know that when I’m in this position I like to read quotes to get me into that inspirational mood.
It works like a charm! Today, I’ll share some of my favorite quotes. I hope that they’re equally inspiring for you!
I really love this quote. It just strikes a chord with me. We shouldn’t go through life merely living, but also excelling.
To just exist simply isn’t worthwhile; we should chase that hunger that comes with wanting to do more with our lives. Then, we should funnel that hunger into something that we see value in. You can read more quotes from the legendary Maya Angelou here.
2. Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. – Harriet Tubman
Tubman just knows what she’s talking about. This quote brings me such hope, it makes me think that those dreams that we have, those ones that we’re too afraid to even utter out loud, are possible. Such a great belief to have! So, whip out those pipe dreams, and go forth and conquer.
I love the simplicity and realism of this quote. It’s all well and good to have a dream and to passionately pursue it. However, we do need to work hard to achieve these goals. The part that we also hate to admit is that in order to achieve our goals, hard work on its own doesn’t cut it; we need to make sacrifices. Although that may be hard to do, just remember that it will all be worth it in the end.
Let’s face it: Achieving our goals isn’t easy. Just as the quote says, we need to work hard, be driven and be passionate. Yeah I know it’s hard and it can totally suck, but the reason it feels so good when we achieve it is because we had to work for it.
5. Great ambition is the passion of a great character. Those endowed with it may perform very good or very bad acts. All depends on the principles which direct them. – Napoleon Bonaparte
Although going after and achieving your dreams is all well and good, we need to remember that not all dreams are good. For instance, using your passion to cure cancer is great; using your passion to become an evil overlord is probably a bad goal.
We shouldn’t settle for what we have, we should always strive to do our best. Seriously, guys let’s not be just ‘ok’ with what we’re achieved so far. Let’s always seek to go that extra mile.
This quote is quite dear to me because it mentions something that is almost always forgotten, which is support. Yes, we can totally just be guided by our raw passion but having support is an undeniable benefit that helps to ease our struggle on our chosen paths. My point is that although support is important, we can still be achievers without it.
8. We can each define ambition and progress for ourselves. The goal is to work toward a world where expectations are not set by the stereotypes that hold us back, but by our personal passion, talents and interests. – Sheryl Sandberg
I totally love this quote because it encourages us not to be restrained by stereotypes and to go forth and chase after what comes naturally—even if it isn’t something conventional. It tells us to just be our unfiltered passionate selves.
9. I try to live my life where I end up at a point where I have no regrets. So I try to choose the road that I have the most passion on because then you can never really blame yourself for making the wrong choices. You can always say you’re following your passion. – Darren Aronofsky
I like this quote because I always think to myself: If this were my last day alive, would I be happy with what I’ve achieved? You can’t regret trying something and giving it your all, but you can definitely regret not having tried at all.
10. If you love your work, you’ll be out there every day trying to do it the best you possibly can, and pretty soon everybody around will catch the passion from you – like a fever. – Sam Walton
This quote rings true on so many counts. When you allow your passion to consume you, you become totally engrossed in whatever it is you’re doing. This can be quite liberating as the hard work you’re putting in no longer feels like work but more like fun. Then this passion is caught by the people around you.
11. I believe that curiosity, wonder and passion are defining qualities of imaginative minds and great teachers; that restlessness and discontent are vital things; and that intense experience and suffering instruct us in ways that less intense emotions can never do. – Kay Redfield Jamison
Passion is so immensely important and I’ve heard so many people discount it based on the idea that it’s too emotional and that we should be cool and collected. Personally, I believe the complete opposite: We need the hot emotions behind the passion to be able to be imaginative in order to figure out the puzzles associated with achieving our ultimate goals.
This quote is great because it breaks down what passion actually is; in the case of this quote, passion is faith. This makes sense because to believe in something is to have faith in something, and it’s that faith that then fuels us to go off and achieve that thing that we’ve always wanted.
13. Be spectacularly great at what you do. Wear your passion on your sleeve and hold your heart in the palm of your hand. And work hard. Really hard. -Robin S. Sharma
Have you ever seen someone so passionate that they’ve inspired you to go out there and get what you’ve always secretly wanted to achieve. Well, you can be one of those awe-inspiring people. All you have to do is wear your heart on your sleeve and show the world your passion in action.
14. The future may be made up of many factors but where it truly lies is in the hearts and minds of men. Your dedication should not be confined for your own gain, but unleashes your passion for our beloved country as well as for the integrity and humanity of mankind. – Li Ka-shing
I like this quote because it takes us outside of ourselves and I believe that when you have goals that concern other people, say curing cancer, then those goals become spectacular. Think about it: All those Nobel Prize winners have effectively contributed to humankind; there is no reason that you too can’t achieve something on the same level.
15. Follow your passion. The rest will attend to itself. If I can do it, anybody can do it. It’s possible. And it’s your turn. So go for it. It’s never too late to become what you always wanted to be in the first place. – J. Michael Straczynski
Never, ever, ever give up on your dream. Always allow your passion for your goal to burn white hot. Don’t think that only certain people can make effective change in the world or can for fill big life goals. Anyone can succeed, which means you too. Never forget that you are capable of anything!
16. Passion is the driver of achievement in all fields. Some people love doing things they don’t feel they’re good at. That may be because they underestimate their talents or haven’t yet put the work in to develop them. – Ken Robinson
Putting in the work is always the key to success, but above all else is the inclusion of passion within our framework. Even if you’re not good at something, that doesn’t mean that you should throw in the towel. You should keep trying and let your passion take over and motivate you to continue giving it a fair go.
I like to take this view on everything and not just ultimate goals. We often forget that in-between chasing our goals we also have to live life. I believe that we should do everything to our fullest, be it washing the dishes or trying to end world hunger. I believe that we owe it to ourselves to do our best and not to be mediocre in even the smallest of tasks.
18. Death is an endless night so awful to contemplate that it can make us love life and value it with such passion that it may be the ultimate cause of all joy and all art. – Paul Theroux
Although this quote isn’t strictly about passion, I can still see how it applies. You see, there are situations and experiences in life that change how we view the world. That is neither a good nor a bad thing, but it does provide our passion the opportunity to be renewed and refreshed after a pretty low period has occurred and we find ourselves in need of a re-fuel. My point is to seize these opportunities and allow our passion to be renewed.
19. It’s always inspiring to me to meet people who feel that they can make a difference in the world. That’s their motive, that’s their passion… I think that’s what makes your life meaningful, that’s what fills your own heart and that’s what gives you purpose. – Maria Shriver
Meeting people who are just as passionate as us is always immensely rewarding. We get to converse with someone who has been through the same ups-and-downs as us, and who also has that yearning and hunger to take things to the next level. When we find these people, we should use them and allow them to propel us further and to enrich our lives.
20. Do it no matter what. If you believe in it, it is something very honorable. If somebody around you or your family does not understand it, then that’s their problem. But if you do have a passion, an honest passion, just do it. – Mario Andretti
I really love the idea that we should always strive in everything we do despite what others say—that we can prove our critics wrong. In my experience, once you start proving people wrong and they see you achieve, they start to support you. You then use that support to propel you just that little bit further.
So, that wraps up my favourite quotes about passion. I hope you found them as motivating as I do. Do you have a favourite quote that you would like to share? Mention them in the comments below.
Cover photo: www.popsugar.com
I love to read and follow up on social justice issues. In my spare time I like to sew and make jewelry while watching crime shows. I would have to say at heart I'm a free spirit with a sense of adventure.
There’s a difference between someone being imperfect and being very disrespectful. Here’re some relationship red flags to watch out for when dating someone.
Getting ready for a date can be quite nerve-wracking, which is why we decided to reveal you secret tips that will help you achieve the perfect date makeup.
Social media is here to stay but are your habits jeopardizing your relationship? It can be quite difficult to spot the signs. Read on to find out more.
You don’t become a clingy girlfriend overnight and you definitely won’t become less clingy in an instant. Learn how to be less clingy by reading our 9 tips.
Every woman wants to look and feel her best, but it takes time and practice to learn what works. We’ll teach you how to prepare for a date from head to toe.
Every woman likes to feel beautiful and there’s no better way to do it than to invest in the appearance of your skin. We’ll teach you how to get soft skin.
Discover the reasons why men like older women and why they find them sexier than the younger ones. Here are the top 10. Use them to your advantage!