Beach weddings may seem very romantic, but also potentially problematic when it comes to what the guests should wear. Sometimes there is a dress code that can make your choice a lot easier, but even when there is no such code there are a few rules you should follow.
The first and the most important one is no heels! Yes, ladies, even the most experienced heel walkers will find it extremely difficult to walk in the sand. However, if you don’t want to give up from heels, at least wear wedges, they’ll be slightly less troubling.
The second rule would be to choose a comfortable outfit – a dress is (always) a perfect choice. Your dress shouldn’t be too tight or too short, nor should it be too long. The best idea would be to choose a knee-length dress and wear it with ballerina flats or flat sandals. Here are 5 outfit ideas that may inspire your beach wedding look.
Outfit Idea 1
Mint green is the perfect color for a beach wedding. Wear a mint green dress with romantic pale pink flats, a matching clutch and accessorize your outfit with a cute necklace.
- Mint Green Cut Out Back Dress (glamorousuk.com)
- H&M Ballet Pumps (hm.com)
- Asos Slot Through Envelope Clutch (asos.com)
- Pearlescent Bib Necklace
Outfit Idea 2
This color is a popular choice – for a reason! It’s really nice and you could pair it with any other color. It looks amazing paired with embellished ballerina flats, a matching clutch and these statement teardrop earrings.
- Sodamix Pleated Weave Dress (houseoffraser.co.uk)
- Steve Madden Embellished Flats
- Tory Burch Reva Clutch (cusp.com)
- Irene Neuwirth Mint Chrysoprase Teardrop Earrings With Pave Diamonds (ylang23.com)
Outfit Idea 3
If you choose to wear white, make sure your dress bears no resemblance to a wedding dress. This dress would be a good choice, and it looks amazing paired with these elegant shoes and a color blocking coral clutch bag. Accessorize you dress with a statement collar necklace.
- Lela Rose Cotton Blend Dress (net-a-porter.com)
- Monsoon Ivory Louise Shoes (monsoon.co.uk)
- D&G Coral Clutch Bag (coggles.com)
- Cream Pearl Collar Necklace
Outfit Idea 4
Now this is an amazing dress! Its color makes it perfect for a beach wedding, and it looks so comfortable and very elegant and sophisticated. Wear it with simple accessories – a pair of hoop earrings, silver flats and a nice pearl clutch.
- Alice by Temperley Tarini Embellished Silk Chiffon Dress (net-a-porter.com)
- Giuseppe Zanotti Ring Toe Flats in Silver (aloharag.com)
- Julie Pearl Clutch (coast-stores.com)
- Dillard’s Tailored Twisted Hoop Earrings (dillards.com)
Outfit Idea 5
Blue is a very popular choice, so here’s another blue dress. This one is darker, and it too looks amazing paired with silver accessories – silver sandals, a matching clutch, and a statement necklace to embellish the simple neckline of the dress.
- Won Hundred Dress Blue (welikefashion.com)
- Dune Killer D Leather Chain Toe Post Sandals in Silver (johnlewis.com)
- KOTUR Espey Silver Burma Leather Clutch (shirise.com)
Cover photo: weddingaloha.com