Are you inspired by everything that’s blue? Are you lately wearing blue clothes, bags, shoes, nail polishes and thinking of buying blue bed sheets? Then this is definitely an article that you should read.
When I think of blue, it reminds me of wide skies, open oceans and deep blue nights – it’s a color that generates profound calming effects on my body, mind and spirit. But each of us is affected by this color in a different way. Take a bit of time to explore the power of blue and learn how to use it for your own personal, emotional and spiritual needs. Trust me, if you apply this color to your everyday life in a correct way, you will greatly benefit from it!
1. Blue is related to the throat chakra, which controls the throat, the upper lungs and the respiratory system, while its endocrine gland is the thyroid gland.
2. The color blue and the throat chakra are related to willpower, communication, and self-expression – in other words, our ability to express our needs, wants and thoughts.
3. Some positive aspects of this color when its vibrations are balanced (i.e. when the throat chakra is balanced) are: loyalty, tactfulness, trustworthiness, peacefulness, faith, aspiration and creative expression.
Its negative effects (imbalanced throat chakra or green color) may include unfaithfulness, aloofness, isolation, untrustworthiness, self-righteousness, coldness, and depression.
Complementary colors are those that oppose each other on the color wheel. They brighten and balance each other.
The complementary color of blue is orange.
In his book “The of Light and Color”, Dr. Edwin Babbitt states that “the blue ray is one of the greatest antiseptics in the world.”
Blue is cooling, sedative and soothing to the body’s system and it can relieve many inflammatory diseases.
If you suffer from any of the following problems, try using more blue in your everyday life and it will bring you great relief:
Blue can also help stop the bleeding.
Wearing blue is incredibly peaceful and soothing. Blue can calm over-excited nerves, relieve anxiety and physical stress, and relax muscles. If you have had an emotional shock or a nervous breakdown, or you are feeling frightened or frustrated, blue is the color for you.
Blue is associated with speech and is a very useful color to wear when speaking in public, for it encourages easy flow of communication and the freedom of expression. It promotes diplomacy and negotiation skills, and offers reliability, peace and serenity to people listening to you. It gives credibility and authority to your speech and helps you radiate gentleness and kindness while trying to communicate something important.
Do not use or wear blue in the following cases:
1. If you are feeling sad, lonely or depressed;
2. If you are over-critical towards yourself and the others;
3. If you are suffering from bad circulation – blue is a cold color;
4. If you have colds, constriction of muscles, paralysis;
Use and wear blue when:
1.You need to calm down and relax;
2. When you can’t sleep;
3. When you have respiratory system problems;
4. When you wish to communicate important things;
5. When you want to give the impression of authority and calmness;
6. When you need to get more organized;
An overdose of blue, such as being surrounded by too much blue, wearing too many blue clothes, or being exposed to blue rays for more than 10 minutes can make you feel depressed, tired, cold, aloof and sad.
To avoid this, you should always balance it with its complementary color, orange.
1. Being a calming and mentally-relaxing color, blue is excellent for rooms intended for relaxation and sleeping, but it shouldn’t be used in spaces created for physical activity and play.
2. Blue promotes good sleep and is a perfect color for pajamas, bed sheets, curtains and blue night bulbs.
3. Blue is an ideal color for hyper-active children that need to calm down and concentrate on their homework.
4. If you need more blue in your life, you can wear blue gemstones or place them in different spots around your house. Some of the best blue gemstones are: azurite, blue lace agate, blue turquoise, blue sapphire, blue topaz, celestite, covelite, lapis lazuli, kyanite, and sodalite.
5. Studies have also shown that blue is a great color to suppress appetite when trying to lose weight! And it absolutely is true! Try placing a blue bulb in your fridge and absolutely avoid red lights, which instead are very stimulating. You’ll see great results!
Please, share your thoughts in the comment section below and let us know how you feel about this wonderful color!
Jessica is a translator who has lived for many years in Asia and South America. She now lives and works in Europe, while preparing her new journeys. She enjoys traveling, meeting new people, exploring different cultures and foods, and being in love.
There’s a difference between someone being imperfect and being very disrespectful. Here’re some relationship red flags to watch out for when dating someone.
Getting ready for a date can be quite nerve-wracking, which is why we decided to reveal you secret tips that will help you achieve the perfect date makeup.
Social media is here to stay but are your habits jeopardizing your relationship? It can be quite difficult to spot the signs. Read on to find out more.
You don’t become a clingy girlfriend overnight and you definitely won’t become less clingy in an instant. Learn how to be less clingy by reading our 9 tips.
Every woman wants to look and feel her best, but it takes time and practice to learn what works. We’ll teach you how to prepare for a date from head to toe.
Every woman likes to feel beautiful and there’s no better way to do it than to invest in the appearance of your skin. We’ll teach you how to get soft skin.
Discover the reasons why men like older women and why they find them sexier than the younger ones. Here are the top 10. Use them to your advantage!