Red lipstick, red shoes, red dress, red coat, and even red hair perhaps? Are you also terribly attracted to this color? Well, red is the color of fire, love, passion, energy and sensuality, and it is certainly a color that awakens the spirit and enlivens emotions. But it is more than just that!
Read below to learn more about the power of red and find out why this color has such incredible effects on your body and mind. And trust me… you will love it even more than before!
“Red is the ultimate cure for sadness.” – Bill Blass
“When in doubt, wear red.” – Bill Blass
1. Red is associated with the base chakra located in the sacral region, at the base of the spine. Organs related to this chakra are kidneys and bladder, but hips, vertebral column, and legs are also linked with it. Its endocrine gland is the adrenal gland.
2. Red is a stimulating color related to vitality, courage, will power, self-confidence, self-awareness, strength, and sexuality. It is also associated with stability, security and strengthening of the life force.
3. Positive aspects of the red color (i.e. when the red color or the base chakra is balanced) include: courage, strength, pioneering spirit, strong will, determination, spontaneity, and boldness.
Negative aspects of the red color (i.e. when the red color or the base chakra is unbalanced) are: fearfulness, anger, selfishness, violence, cruelty, resentfulness, stubbornness, competitiveness, and frustration.
The complementary color of red is turquoise.
Red stimulates the circulatory and the central nervous system, increases energy, raises body temperature, and excites sense organs and sensory nerve functions.
In fact, this amazing color stimulates blood circulation in cool extremities, and is very beneficial for increasing low blood pressure, as well as for treating anemia and disorders related to smell, sight, hearing, taste and touch.
Red is also good for mucus ailments, congestion, colds, chills, bronchitis, pneumonia, and physical weakness.
Red energizes the liver, builds the hemoglobin, and improves the muscular system. It is also an appetite stimulant.
But above all, red strengthens and provides physical energy.
Burning with desire? Burning with red?
Well, red is stimulating, antidepressant, and as we have already mentioned above, red excites the central nervous system.
It stimulates intense emotions, such as passion, sex, love, desire, but also anger, hatred and revenge.
Red is good for people lacking courage, motivation and initiative. It promotes happiness and it is energizing.
Use and wear red when:
Do not use or wear red under the following conditions:
Overexposure to red and excessive use of red can cause undesired effects. It can be over-stimulating and cause fever, irritability, hostility, aggressiveness, and exhaustion. It can excessively raise blood pressure, cause emotional spikes and promote anger and violence.
These negative effects can be balanced and alleviated with turquoise, blue and green.
1. Well, we all know that men are more attracted to women dressed in red, and this has been proven by psychological research. Red is the color of passion, so if you want to seduce your man, wear it!
2. Red is also very good for tiredness, fatigue and lethargy, as it is the color that increases energy by making your body release more adrenalin. Wearing red accessories or clothes will therefore help you lift up your spirit when you are feeling down.
3. Red will also help boost your self-esteem.
4. A splash of red color here and there in your house will stimulate your feelings and bring some warmth to your rooms.
Red can be used in any kind of activity rooms, but it is not recommended for rest areas. However, if you want to spice up your sexual life and excite your body, you can add some red objects into your bedroom. They will create more intimacy and increase the libido!
1. Red color is a stimulant. If you feel tired or lazy, you should eat some red fruits and vegetables to boost up your energy levels. Placing some fresh red flowers at different spots in your house will also awaken your spirit and stimulate your brain activity. In fact, red is a good color to incorporate in studios and offices, but in small doses and always balanced with turquoise and blue.
2. Phlegmatic children should do their homework under a red colored bulb
3. Touches of red in your home will also make you feel more secure and energized, and help you concentrate better on any intellectual task.
4. You can also help yourself with red gemstones – they have excellent healing and energizing properties! Some of the best are: red spinel, ruby, strawberry quartz, red garnet, cherry opal, and rubellite.
5. And last but not least, if your house is not warm enough, red will help you raise your body temperature and feel more comfortable!
Are you also burning with red? Let me know how you feel about this color, and please, share your red experiences with us in the comment section below. I’d love to hear about them!
Jessica is a translator who has lived for many years in Asia and South America. She now lives and works in Europe, while preparing her new journeys. She enjoys traveling, meeting new people, exploring different cultures and foods, and being in love.
There’s a difference between someone being imperfect and being very disrespectful. Here’re some relationship red flags to watch out for when dating someone.
Getting ready for a date can be quite nerve-wracking, which is why we decided to reveal you secret tips that will help you achieve the perfect date makeup.
Social media is here to stay but are your habits jeopardizing your relationship? It can be quite difficult to spot the signs. Read on to find out more.
You don’t become a clingy girlfriend overnight and you definitely won’t become less clingy in an instant. Learn how to be less clingy by reading our 9 tips.
Every woman wants to look and feel her best, but it takes time and practice to learn what works. We’ll teach you how to prepare for a date from head to toe.
Every woman likes to feel beautiful and there’s no better way to do it than to invest in the appearance of your skin. We’ll teach you how to get soft skin.
Discover the reasons why men like older women and why they find them sexier than the younger ones. Here are the top 10. Use them to your advantage!
Would you like to be rich and successful? Or to have a new car, new home, to start a family? What's stopping you? Here's how to start living your dream life