Selena Gomez’s Hairstyle – Tips and Tricks
Selena Gomez has a simple long layered hair style with long side swept bangs. To have hair like hers, you should cut it exactly the same way.
Her hair is naturally curly, but she often straightens it. Whether you decide to have it straight or wavy, the following are a few essential steps that you should always keep in mind while trying to style your hair like Selena.
1. Keep your hair healthy and shiny by using good quality nutrient shampoos and conditioners that suit your particular hair type (thin, thick, dry, oily, damaged, sun burned or dyed hair).
2. Always apply a small amount of styling mousse to damp hair, and use your hands to distribute it evenly throughout your hair. It will add volume and hold, as well as help you manage and style your hair more easily.
3. To add even more volume and body to your hair, blow dry upside down.
4. Always apply a heat protectant spray, serum, gel, cream or mousse to your hair before using any hot tools such as hair straighteners or curling irons. A good heat protecant will protect your hair from heat damage and help it stay healthy and shiny.
5. If you want to achieve Selena Gomez’s straight hair look, get a good quality flat iron. Start an inch away from your roots, and slowly slide the straightener down the length of your hair all the way to the tips. Part your hair slightly to the left and keep your bangs side swept. Hairspray to set and keep the style.
6. To achieve her wavy look, you should either use a 1 ½ or 2 inch barrel curling iron, or 2 or 3 inch hot rollers.
- Curling iron
Wrap big sections of hair all over your head around a 1 ½ or 2 inch barrel curling iron. Hold each section for 5 seconds, and then release. When done with curling, gently run your fingers through your hair to loosen the curls and lightly sweep a bristled brush over your hair to create waves. You may also tease your hair lightly with a fine-toothed comb to add volume.
- Hot rollers
If using hot rollers, roll big sections of hair around them (no wider than the width of the roller). Start from the crown of your head and go all the way down the back of your head until you reach the nape of your neck. Add 2 hot rollers on each side of your head. Allow the rollers to cool and remove them carefully. Tease your hair lightly with your fingers or with a fine-toothed comb to loosen the curls and add more volume to the roots.
7. When finished curling and styling, rub a small amount of smoothing shine or wax between your hands and apply it to the mid-lengths and ends of your hair. To finish, use a minimal amount of hairspray for extra hold.
See how easy it is to recreate Selena Gomez’s hairstyle! Are you ready to show off your beautiful hair now? Let us know in the comments below. Oh, and check out another post on looking like Selena Gomez.
Cover photo: getmascular.blogspot.com