If you are a veggie burger fan, try also this Quick and Easy Black Burger Recipe.
Veggie Burger Recipe
- 1 cup of carrots, grated
- 1 cup of zucchini, grated
- 2 cups of mushrooms, finely chopped
- ½ a cup of grated onions
- 1 medium potato, grated
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons of toasted sesame leaves
- 1 tablespoon of curcuma
- 1 egg
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sauté onions and garlic, until tender, but not completely cooked. Add toasted sesame seeds, carrots, zucchini, potatoes and mushrooms. Stir well, and sauté for 15 more minutes until all vegetables are slightly tender. They shouldn’t become mushy!
- Stir in basil, cilantro and curcuma, and sprinkle with ½ a tablespoon of olive oil. Season to taste with salt and white pepper, and mix well. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Transfer the veggie mixture into a large bowl and add the egg. Start by pouring in only ½ a cup of bread crumbs, then slowly add more if necessary. Stir until well mixed.
- Slightly oil your hands, and shape the veggie mixture into patties. If the mixture is too lose to form patties, add more bread crumbs.
- Gently press patties with your palms to prevent them from falling apart. All ingredients should hold together tightly.
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat, and cook your veggie burgers for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown, and crispy. Using a slotted spatula, remove burgers from oil and transfer them on a large plate, covered with paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Place the tahini sauce in a small bowl in the center of a nice platter, arrange veggie burgers around it and serve! They are more than just delicious!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Cover the bottom of an oven pan with parchment paper, place veggie burgers on top, and bake them for about 10 minutes on each side, or until golden and crisp.
- Preheat the grill over medium heat, and cover it with aluminum foil. Grill patties for about 8 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. It is a good idea to pre-bake patties before grilling them, to prevent them from falling apart. Just place them in preheated oven (375 degrees F) and allow them to cook for about 6 minutes on each side. Then proceed with grilling.
Make sure to check out the video below, and find out another great way for making Veggie Burgers.
This is a perfect addition to your veggie burger recipe, but it can be served as an extremely appetizing dressing for many other dishes as well. Try it out!
- ½ a cup of tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 6 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh coriander (or parsley)
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- Spoon the tahini into a small bowl and whisk in the minced garlic. Add lemon juice, water and chopped coriander. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir thoroughly, until all ingredients are well blended. If the paste seems too thick, add some more water and mix well again. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and serve.
Don’t miss the video below, and find out how to make Tahini sauce.