Christmas isn’t all about the gifts under the tree or in the stockings on Christmas morning. Christmas is also about love, peace and coming together as humans to show we care.
Maybe I’m a sentimental fool (I am), but I believe it’s an opportunity for us all to make the world a little bit of a better place. And, the best place to start is to show others how much we care.
When people feel loved, they go onto doing amazing things, so let’s spread the love through text messages, notes and cards, shall we?
Cute Messages for Friends
Maybe you’re single, maybe you have a special someone. Even if you are dating someone, love from friends is different. To know that we have people rooting for us and who will be there through the good and the bad is the best insurance in life we can ever have.
Sometimes we go through good times, sometimes bad times. That’s life. It keeps changing and it’s filled with ups and downs. If you have friends though, there will always be love. So show your friends you are there for them.
Below are some texts you can use as a guideline. Feel free to mix and match different parts of different texts to create the right text for you!
- Man, the holiday season is in full swing. Christmas carols and candy cane galore. I confess I kinda like it :) I’m out shopping gifts and realized when looking for a gift for you we’ve been friends for X years. How cool is that? Best Christmas gift one could get!
- So, I’m trying to find you a Christmas present and I just wanted to say that you are one heck of a good friend.
- Do you realize this is the fifth Christmas we are spending together doing all the silly holiday things? Can’t believe how time flies. Can’t imagine a life in which you aren’t my friend either! Happy Christmas!
- Happy Christmas gorgeous! Just wanted to tell you that you are one of the best friends I could ever have wished for.
(You can substitute “gorgeous” for “babe”, “darling”, “my bestie”, “incredible”, “sweetie” or whatever pet names you use for your friend!)
- Merry Christmas! Just wanted to tell you how awesome you’ve been all year! Here’s to a great year ahead!
- Happy Christmas! Thanks for being one of the best friends in the world! Have a great holiday. Drink too much mulled wine, skate till you fall over and save some of your fabulous Christmas cookies for me ;)
- Happy Christmas! I know you’ve had a rough year, but I believe in you. You have so much to give to the world and you’re doing amazing dealing with everything that’s happened. Just wanted you to know that. Love you lots.
- Merry Christmas, gorgeous! You’ve had an amazing year, haven’t you?! Just wanted to congratulate you on your successes. Here’s to continued success, love and happiness!
- Merry Christmas, my friend! Love you lots and wishing you the best of holidays!
Cute Messages for Your Family
All the above messages for friends can be edited into suitable messages for family and other relatives. In addition to the ones already mentioned, these are some great ones for family (you can obviously switch sister to brother or mother and what have you, depending on what measure fits whom the best).
- Merry Christmas to a wonderful mom! I’m sorry I can’t be with you for the holidays, but I know you love the fact that I’m living the adventure that is my life. I miss you and look forward to our next Christmas together. You are one amazing person and mom and I’m so lucky to have been raised by you.
- Happy holidays, dad! Don’t drink all the whiskey I bought you by yourself ;) Share some with uncle X! Thanks for being a great dad. See you soon!
- Merry Christmas, sis! You’re one heck of a sister, do you know that? After all the successes of this year, I’m so super proud of you. You deserve every one of them. Love you lots!
- Merry Christmas, baby brother! I’m so proud of how you faced everything this year. You’ve grown up :) I love you!
- Merry Christmas to my big brother, my hero, my friend and the most annoying dude in town! Love you lots.
- Happy holidays, Auntie Annie! I’m so happy to have you in our family. Lots of love.
- Happy holidays X! Thanks for always being there for me/us. It means the world and some. Have the merriest of Christmases!
Cute Messages for Dates and Lovers
Here you can go overboard Hallmark style and write cheese to your heart’s content. Or, steam up their windows a little bit with something naughty—or why not just something nice?
- Merry Christmas, sexy. I wish you were in my stocking so I could unwrap you right now.
- Morning…you opened your presents yet? Don’t you just feel like a kid today? It’s wonderful being ten again! Can’t wait to see you later to give you my gift. I’m so blessed to have you in my life. Thank you, and Merry Christmas babe!
- Look outside—it’s snowing! Could it get more romantic than this? Can’t wait to see you later and cuddle up with you.
- Merry Christmas, hot stuff! You sure keep me warm in winter. Thanks for being the most incredible boyfriend.
Cute Messages for Colleagues
A good employee, boss or colleague can really mean the world. So, don’t hold back on the compliments.
- Merry Christmas X! I just wanted to let you know it’s been a pleasure working with you this year. Have a wonderful holiday and see you next year.
- Happy holidays! Thanks for being such an incredible employee. I look forward to working with you next year.
- Just wanted to do a shout out to tell you it’s been incredible to have you on my team. You’ve been a real blessing. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
- Thanks for making our business blossom this year—you’ve been a star. I look forward to continued success next year. Knowing I have you on our team we’ll be great no matter what challenges we face. Merry Christmas!
Do you have any suggestions for cute Christmas text messages? Share them with us below.