Body scrubs are amazing for reviving your skin but they can get really pricey. The good news is you can make them yourself, using nothing more but the everyday ingredients you’ll find in your kitchen. Here are the best do-it-yourself body scrubs to prepare for spring and summer.
Bananas are often used in skincare products because they are moisturizing and nourishing. They also help tightening the skin.
- one ripe banana
- 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- ¼ tablespoon of vanilla extract
Mix all the ingredients together until you get a nice paste. Be careful not to make it watery. Use the scrub to massage your body gently before taking a shower.
Sugar and Spice Scrub
This is an amazing scrub for your body that smells great! You can make it in a few minutes using the ingredients from your kitchen.
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon of dried rose petals
- 2 teaspoons of grated orange zest
- 1½ cups of sesame oil
- a pinch of cinnamon
Put all ingredients in a big bowl and mix until they are well blended. Use the scrub on damp skin twice a week.
This is definitely my favorite do-it-yourself body scrub. Get rid of all the dead cells on your skin, but be careful not to OD on honey & sugar!
- 1 teaspoon of pure honey
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of citrus zest
Mix all the ingredients until they are well blended. Store your scrub in a jar and use it in the shower a few times a month.
Coffee Body Scrub
We know for a fact that coffee can help with varicose veins and reducing cellulite. No wonder it’s used in many skincare products.
- coffee grounds
Put all the ingredients in a big bowl and mix them well. Apply them using your hands or washcloth. Add vanilla or some sugar for a sweeter fragrance.
Read on and discover 9 ways in which coffee can be used as a beauty product.
This sweet, fruity scrub will help nourish and rehydrate your skin. Use it for both face and body.
- 1 mango
- ¼ cup of instant oats
- 1 tablespoon of sweet almond oil
- 4 drops of orange essential oil
- 1 tablespoon of pineapple juice
- 1 cup of sugar
You’re going to need a blender for this one! Put all ingredients (except for the almond and the orange oil) in the blender and blend well. Your scrub should look like a thick paste. After you’ve finished blending, add the oils. Apply to your face and body using your fingertips and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
Lemon is a great natural ingredient for a DIY body scrub, as it contains citric acid which helps to exfoliate and brighten the skin. Here’s a simple recipe for a lemon body scrub:
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of half a lemon
- Ina mixing bowl, combine the sugar and coconut oil until well mixed.
- Add the lemon zest and juice, and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to an airtight container for storage.
- To use, take a small amount of the scrub and massage it onto wet skin in circular motions.
- Rinse off with warm water and pat dry.
- Use the scrub once or twice a week for best results.
Avoid using this scrub on any broken or irritated skin, as the lemon juice may sting. Additionally, since lemon juice can make the skin more sensitive to sunlight, it’s best to use this scrub at night and wear sunscreen during the day.
So, in the section bellow tell us, which one of these do-it-yourself body scrubs do you like the best?
for the coffee scrub can i use almond oil?
Also for the honey scrub can I add water to make it less viscous? thx :)