Do you know that coconut has more to offer than being just a tantalizing fruit and healthy oil?
You can find a variety of products such as coconut flour, butter and sweets all made from the coconut. This fruit is also known to have been used as part of the staple diet in many countries, and has been proven to offer amazing health benefits.
So, if you have some coconut oil sitting in your pantry, now is the time to put it to good use. Here, we share some unique ways to add coconut to your daily life and even save some money!
Coconut oil has so many uses and, aside from the more obvious health benefits, it also has environmental benefits and cuts down on waste. Plus, it has a great aroma, can be used daily and does not contain any toxic chemicals!
Coconut oil in your kitchen.
Cook savory meals, desserts and more with coconut oil for a mind blowing taste.
Let’s take a look at some uses for coconut oil in the kitchen and your food!
- Cooking Oil – Do you know that most oils contain carcinogens? These are released when normal oils heat up and actually starts to burn, which is when these carcinogens are set free. They are also known to be one of the causes of cancer. Use coconut oil to fry eggs, bacon and meat. Coconut oil can also be used for baking. Using coconut oil in food has great health benefits!
- Butter Spread – Replace your butter spread with coconut oil. It contains less fattening ingredients than regular butter and adds a sweetness that is to die for!
- Energizing Coffee – Coconut oil is known to give a great energy boost, so add just one spoonful to your early morning coffee for a delicious taste and an energy boost. You can also try this with tea and smoothies!
- Popping Coconut Oil – Use coconut oil to give popcorn a light and sweet taste. Add some coconut oil to the bottom of your pot, add one layer of popcorn and shake to coat. Now heat the pot, place the lid askew to allow the steam to escape and pop for approximately 5 minutes. Coconut oil can also be used as a dressing for your popcorn!
- Salads and Desserts – Coconut oil is ideal as a salad dressing, over creamy baked potatoes and in many desserts. Simply replace normal oils with coconut oil!
Look and feel beautiful with coconut oil.
Beauty is in coconut oil! This plant has so many uses for your skin and will leave you with a luxurious feel. Let’s take a quick look at the uses for skincare with coconut oil!
- Massage – Not only does this oil have a marvelous smell, but it aids in relaxing the muscles. Thus, it is ideal for use as a massage oil!
- Dry Skin – Many people suffer from dry skin on their hands, heels, feet and even legs and arms. Use a small amount of coconut oil and massage it into the skin, or add some to your bath water and soak for a couple of minutes. This will work wonders for dry skin!
- Scrubs, Tanning and Rashes – Use coconut oil as a face scrub by adding it to some Himalayan salt crystals. You can also use it as a tanning oil, but be sure to spray your body at regular intervals to keep it moisturized. Similarly, diaper rash can be treated with this marvelous oil!
- Makeup Remover – Coconut oil is the ideal product to remove all makeup, even the waterproof kind. The added benefit is that it is also a moisturizer and will promote the growth of your eyelashes as well!
- Shaving Cream – Have you ever had an irritating, dry feeling after shaving? Well, this will be no more! Use coconut oil as a shaving cream and nourish your skin while shaving. What a remarkable fruit indeed!
Make your hair silky smooth with coconut oil.
Healthy, shiny and flowing hair is what most of us strive for, yet it is not always possible. But, with this incredible oil, it can be achieved. For hair care that works, check out these uses of coconut oil!
- Hair Growth – Add coconut oil to your shampoo and wash your hair daily, or put some coconut oil on your hair every evening before going to bed. This oil promotes hair growth.
- Deep Conditioning – Use coconut oil as a leave-in conditioner for a deep-penetrating conditioning. Add to your conditioner and leave it in your hair overnight. Rinse your hair in the morning and see the difference.
- Static Away – Remove the static in your hair by applying a small amount of coconut oil to your hair before styling it.
- No More Splits – If you constantly battle with split-ends, then this treatment is sure to help. Apply coconut oil to the ends of your hair daily to strengthen and repair split-ends.
- No More Frizz – If you have frizzy hair, tame it with coconut oil by adding a small amount of oil to your hair. Do this before styling it to ensure a great look that lasts all day long!
Coconut oil is healthy and here are some more uses for it!
- Toothpaste – Make your own toothpaste with some baking soda, coconut oil, your selection of essential oil and stevia for sweetening.
- Metabolism – Boost your body’s natural workings with just two spoons of coconut oil a day.
- Scrapes or Cuts – Use a thin layer of coconut oil to protect your body and skin from bacteria.
Your home and pets will love it, too.
Here are some more interesting uses for coconut oil:
- Lubricant – Coconut oil can be used as a lubricant on small electronics, small motors, sticky drawers and even hinges.
- Healthy Animals – Add some coconut oil to your cat’s or dog’s food as a vitamin supplement.
- Natural Coat – Just as with your hair, this oil will nourish the skin and hair of your pet. Apply in small amounts.
If you know of any other good uses, please share your ideas with us. Also, let us know which of these you have tried.