Read below to learn more about the power of red and find out why this color has such incredible effects on your body and mind. And trust me… you will love it even more than before!
“Red is the ultimate cure for sadness.” – Bill Blass
“When in doubt, wear red.” – Bill Blass
Just a few Important Facts about Red…
1. Red is associated with the base chakra located in the sacral region, at the base of the spine. Organs related to this chakra are kidneys and bladder, but hips, vertebral column, and legs are also linked with it. Its endocrine gland is the adrenal gland.
2. Red is a stimulating color related to vitality, courage, will power, self-confidence, self-awareness, strength, and sexuality. It is also associated with stability, security and strengthening of the life force.
3. Positive aspects of the red color (i.e. when the red color or the base chakra is balanced) include: courage, strength, pioneering spirit, strong will, determination, spontaneity, and boldness.
Negative aspects of the red color (i.e. when the red color or the base chakra is unbalanced) are: fearfulness, anger, selfishness, violence, cruelty, resentfulness, stubbornness, competitiveness, and frustration.
The complementary color of red is turquoise.
Physical Disorders that can Be Treated with Red
Red stimulates the circulatory and the central nervous system, increases energy, raises body temperature, and excites sense organs and sensory nerve functions.
In fact, this amazing color stimulates blood circulation in cool extremities, and is very beneficial for increasing low blood pressure, as well as for treating anemia and disorders related to smell, sight, hearing, taste and touch.
Red is also good for mucus ailments, congestion, colds, chills, bronchitis, pneumonia, and physical weakness.
Red energizes the liver, builds the hemoglobin, and improves the muscular system. It is also an appetite stimulant.
But above all, red strengthens and provides physical energy.
Psychological Aspects of Red
Burning with desire? Burning with red?
Well, red is stimulating, antidepressant, and as we have already mentioned above, red excites the central nervous system.
It stimulates intense emotions, such as passion, sex, love, desire, but also anger, hatred and revenge.
Red is good for people lacking courage, motivation and initiative. It promotes happiness and it is energizing.
Use and wear red when:
- You want to increase your sexual desire.
- When you need to energize and activate yourself.
- When you want to stimulate your appetite.
Do not use or wear red under the following conditions:
- Hypertension and high blood pressure –
red increases blood flow;
- Heart conditions;
- Sleep problems;
- Excitable and irritable temperaments;
- Emotional weakness;
- Emotional disturbances;
- Frustration, nervousness, impatience;
- Inflammatory conditions;
- If you are of florid complexion;
- If you are under stress and out of sync with yourself –
red will only worsen the situation;
- If you don’t want to attract attention;
An Overdose of Red
Overexposure to red and excessive use of red can cause undesired effects. It can be over-stimulating and cause fever, irritability, hostility, aggressiveness, and exhaustion. It can excessively raise blood pressure, cause emotional spikes and promote anger and violence.
These negative effects can be balanced and alleviated with turquoise, blue and green.
Color Therapy and the Power of Red in Your Everyday Life
1. Well, we all know that men are more attracted to women dressed in red, and this has been proven by psychological research. Red is the color of passion, so if you want to seduce your man, wear it!
2. Red is also very good for tiredness, fatigue and lethargy, as it is the color that increases energy by making your body release more adrenalin. Wearing red accessories or clothes will therefore help you lift up your spirit when you are feeling down.
3. Red will also help boost your self-esteem.
4. A splash of red color here and there in your house will stimulate your feelings and bring some warmth to your rooms.
Red can be used in any kind of activity rooms, but it is not recommended for rest areas. However, if you want to spice up your sexual life and excite your body, you can add some red objects into your bedroom. They will create more intimacy and increase the libido!
1. Red color is a stimulant. If you feel tired or lazy, you should eat some red fruits and vegetables to boost up your energy levels. Placing some fresh red flowers at different spots in your house will also awaken your spirit and stimulate your brain activity. In fact, red is a good color to incorporate in studios and offices, but in small doses and always balanced with turquoise and blue.
2. Phlegmatic children should do their homework under a red colored bulb
3. Touches of red in your home will also make you feel more secure and energized, and help you concentrate better on any intellectual task.
4. You can also help yourself with red gemstones – they have excellent healing and energizing properties! Some of the best are: red spinel, ruby, strawberry quartz, red garnet, cherry opal, and rubellite.
5. And last but not least, if your house is not warm enough, red will help you raise your body temperature and feel more comfortable!
Are you also burning with red? Let me know how you feel about this color, and please, share your red experiences with us in the comment section below. I’d love to hear about them!