Wondering what to wear with your cowboy boots? Here are a couple of outfit ideas that will make people go “yee-haw!”
An awesome pair of cowboy boots can really freshen up your wardrobe. These never seem to go out of style, and can be combined with virtually anything, from feminine dresses to jeans and jackets.
Go with just above the ankle for summer and spring to add a touch of cowgirl style to your outfit without getting too hot, and knee-high for colder days. You can get them in almost any color, from black to bright pink, but I think they look best in a rich brown shade. Here’s what to wear with cowboy boots:
Outfit No 1
Let’s start with the basic Texas look! A good pair of jeans or cut-offs, a cute checkered shirt, and you’re ready for a rodeo. This is great for a relaxed outdoor event that doesn’t require dressing up too much. Accessorize with bangles, a horse pendant and sunglasses that match the shirt. Add a touch of glamour with a red lip gloss.
- Golden goose boots (farfetch.com)
- True religion shorts (repertoirefashion.co.uk)
- Tie front check shirt (topshop.com)
- Burnished gold bangles (charlotterusse.com)
- Miso necklace (republic.co.uk)
- Marc Jacobs sunglasses (monnierfreres.co.uk)
- Le Metier de Beaute gloss in Coral Confection (neimanmarcus.com)
Outfit No 2
For a romantic look, pair your boots with and ultra feminine, fairy-like dress. The clash between the delicate fabric and leather boots is always interesting to see. Go with dark boots and a light dress, wear your hair down and flowy, and add some chunky jewelry to the mix. Throw on a little denim jacket, if you think the weather will require something warmer. What’s cool about this outfit is that it’s really simple, just a few pieces, but very effective.
- White Butterfly dress (sheinside.com)
- Chloe boots (shopzoeonline.com)
- Biker jacket (missiny.com)
- Blazin Roxx messenger bag (sheplers.com)
- Wooden bangle stack (diva.net.au)
- Beaded stretch bracelet (swell.com)
Outfit No 3
This is a cool look that’s bound to get people’s attention. You have a little bit of everything thrown in for that casual, “didn’t really bother with my outfit” look that’s actually well thought through! It’s all neutral basics – white tank top, black vest, denim cut-offs, with a little color from the girly bag and bow hair band. Keep everything simple so the interesting boots are the thing people notice first.
- Michael Kors boots (net-a-porter.com)
- Stella McCartney top (youheshe.com)
- Adriano Goldschmeid shorts (calypsostbarth.com)
- Gareth Pugh drape jacket (farfetch.com)
- Chiffon bow headband (charlotterusse.com)
- Black gem ring (dorothyperkins.com)
- Asos bag (asos.com)
Outfit No 4
For a look that’s college classy bordering on hipster chic, get a pair of printed, high waist shorts. Pair with a crisp white shirt and oversized clutch bag for a combo that’s ideal for a stroll around town or coffee with friends. Floral prints work really well, but you can also go for a colorful animal or native print. Add a cute necklace, trendy nail polish and brown aviator sunnies.
- Mr Wolf boots (jades24.com)
- Supertrash blouse (welikefashion.com)
- Mint floral culotte shorts (owntherunway.com)
- Cutler&Gross sunglasses (net-a-porter.com)
- Stella McCartney clutch (matchesfashion.com)
- White leaves tie necklace (sheinside.com)
- Sally Hansen polish in Mint Sorbet (target.com)
Outfit No 5
For a casual autumn outfit, keep the boots simple and pair with black skinny jeans or leggings. Throw a comfy, oversized beige sweater over a black top, and accessorize with a beanie and hoop earrings. If you don’t like experimenting with colors, this is a simple, classy two-tone outfit for a casual occasion.
- Stacked heel boots (charlotterusse.com)
- Helmut Lang leggings (farfetch.com)
- Plein Sud top (farfetch.com)
- Vintage pattern sweater (sheinside.com)
- River Island beanie (riverisland.com)
- Isharya earrings (boutique1.com)
- River island leopard print bag (riverisland.com)
Cover photo: http://www.pinterest.com