Are you inspired by everything that’s yellow? Does it make you feel bright and cheerful just like the sun when it comes out? Learn more about the power of yellow. Discover some of its most important therapeutic benefits.
Believe me, yellow is an amazing color that can enhance your overall sense of well-being!
First, a Few Basic Facts about the Color Yellow
1. Yellow is related to the solar plexus chakra, located just bellow the rib cage and above the navel (belly button). It is associated with liver, spleen, stomach, and small intestine, while its endocrine gland is pancreas.
2. Yellow is the color concerned with self-worth, self-confidence, intellect, judgment, and mental activity. It stimulates concentration and enhances learning abilities. It also helps in detaching from obsessive thoughts.
3. Positive aspects of the yellow color (i.e. when the yellow color or the solar plexus chakra is balanced) include: self-confidence, alertness, broad-mindedness, good humor, optimism, logical thinking, and wiseness.
Negative aspects related to this color (i.e. when the yellow color or the solar plexus chakra is unbalanced) are: feelings of inferiority, negativity, pessimism, indecisiveness, cowardice, cynicism, sarcasm, and over analysis.
The complementary color of yellow is violet.
Physical Disorders that can Be Treated with Yellow
Yellow stimulates motor nerves and aids the brain. It strengthens the muscles and improves the digestive system and the gastrointestinal tract. Yellow has a stimulating and purifying effect on the liver and it cleanses the bloodstream. It is also an appetite stimulant, and it helps assimilate nutrients from food.
Yellow is also very helpful for night blindness, as it filters out the blue light.
Psychological Problems that can Be Treated with Yellow
Yellow relieves depression and reduces signs of melancholy. It relieves sadness, weepiness, and feelings of grief. Yellow lifts up the spirit and awakens enthusiasm and optimism. It brings joy and gaiety.
Yellow is the color of intellect and it enhances mental abilities.
Use and wear yellow when:
- You need to cheer up;
- When you want to keep your mind active and alert;
Do not wear yellow under the following conditions:
- Fever, inflammatory conditions, and diarrhea;
- Feelings of fear and anxiety;
- If you feel aggressive;
- If you feel jealous;
- If you need to relax;
Overdose of Yellow
Too much yellow can cause hyperactivity, and increase anxiety and mental tension. It should be balanced with blue and violet.
Color Therapy and the Power of Yellow in Your Everyday Life
1. Yellow is a warm and stimulating color and it can be very helpful in studies and offices, or in other situations where concentration is required.
2. Wearing yellow clothes or adding just touches of yellow to your clothing will make you feel more joyful and optimistic. It will boost your energy levels and improve your sense of well-being.
3. It is good to adorn your house with yellow accessories and yellow flowers – they will brighten up your mind and enhance your mood.
4. Drinking yellow beverages and eating yellow foods, such as pineapples, lemons, bananas, yellow beans, corn, quash, saffron, curry, etc, will also have many beneficial effect on your body and mind. Try them out!
5. Apart from increasing concentration and stimulating mental activity, yellow is also a good color for kitchens and entertaining rooms, as it brings good mood.
6. Excellent gemstones to wear or display around the house are: topaz, amber, citrine, golden sapphire, chrysoberyl, sphalerite, yellow calcite, golden beryl, and sulphur.
Yellow for Business
Yellow stimulates the logical side of the brain, and mind clarity. It improves analytical thinking, and better judgment. Men are not very appealing toward it, but children absolutely love it.
Any type of business, dealing with kids should have yellow – children’s toys, kindergartens, children’s cosmetic products etc. Cosmetic products for women also choose yellow, because it is a very striking color and people immediately see it.
All in all, now you know more about the power of yellow It is an incredibly positive color.