To find out more, check also our other article on Natural Ways to Make Your Hair Grow Faster and discover other tips to combine with the ones listed below.
Control Stress and Your Hair Will Flourish
Extreme stress may cause white blood cells to attack hair follicle, inhibiting healthy and fast hair growth and making your hair strands fall out.
Constant emotional struggle and persistent anxiety may cause your hair to enter a so called telogen (fall-out or resting) phase and trigger unpleasant and diffuse hair loss. Your hair can start shedding in smaller or larger amounts while combing it, washing it or passing your fingers through it.
Sudden and unexplained hair loss is therefore a strong signal that you should start working on your emotions, as well as controlling stress and other negative psychological states.
However, hair loss is not permanent and if you keep stress under control, your hair will start growing back in 5 to 9 months.
The best way to make your hair look healthy and grow faster is to learn some stress management techniques, such as yoga, meditation, relaxing exercises, deep breathing and others. A good night’s sleep, as well as pleasant recreational activities can also greatly reduce emotional stress and promote good hair and whole body health.
Follow a Healthy Diet and Nourish Your Hair with Proper Foods
Eating well and following a balanced and healthy diet is extremely important in order to make our hair grow faster and healthier.
If we suffer from vitamin deficiencies or consume wrong and unhealthy foods, our hair will appear weak, brittle and prone to breakage, shedding and loss. A balanced and correct diet will instead encourage a faster hair growth and promote a clean and salutary scalp.
You should therefore never forget that the beauty of our hair depends primarily on what we eat and that the first step to make your hair grow faster is to nourish it from the inside out.
When planning your diet, always remember to include nutrients that will help your hair stay healthy and strong and make it grow faster. Take a look below to understand some of the most important changes you should introduce in your eating habits.
- Since hair is composed primarily of proteins, a diet poor in proteins may cause weak hair, prone to breakage, shedding and slow growth. Try including in your diet foods rich in proteins, such as liver, eggs, fish, beans, yogurt and soy.
- Eat tofu, which is a great source of soy. Studies have shown that soy protein is very helpful in strengthening hair and promoting its growth.
- Consume lots of green leafy vegetables, for they contain vitamins and minerals that are essential for a healthy hair growth.
- Dietary supplements such as calves liver, brewer’s yeast, wheat germ, biotin, Inositol, folic acid and beta-carotene are also extremely important to make hair grow faster and stronger and help it look shiny and healthy.
- Absolutely include magnesium, sulfur, silica and zinc in your diet, as well as essential fatty acids that are contained in fish, walnuts, canola oil and soy.
- Don’t forget to consume enough vitamin E (olive oil, avocados, nuts and seeds) and vitamin B (red meat, poultry, eggs, cheese, fish).
Make Your Hair Grow Faster with Scalp Massage and Regular Trimming
- Regular scalp massage will stimulate circulation and increase blood flow to your scalp, helping your follicles absorb nutrients more quickly and making your hair grow faster and healthier. It will also relax your entire head, as well as the roots of your hair, while helping them become stronger.
- Massage your scalp daily with your fingertips, by making small circular movements. Use moisturizing and nutrient-rich oils to enhance the massage effects and make sure to cover the entire head, as well as the base of your neck and your upper forehead.
- Good natural treatments include argan oil, flaxseed oil, coconut oil and castor oil. You should gently massage these oils onto your scalp and all over your hair, cover your head with a plastic bag and leave them on for 30 minutes or over night.
- The above mentioned oils will protect your scalp from infections, prevent hair loss, strengthen hair roots and speed up hair growth. They will also make your hair more shiny, silky and healthy looking. Use them at least 3 times a week and you will achieve amazing results.
- Regular trimming will not make your hair grow faster, but it will help you avoid hair breakage and prevent split ends from traveling up the hair strand, making it fall off. Even though it involves cutting ¼ to ½ inch of hair, it will however make your hair look healthier and longer!
Don’t be impatient. You must give your hair time to grow! Follow the suggestions described above. Don’t lose faith, and pretty soon you’ll see some amazing results.
If you have more tips on how to make your hair grow faster, share them with us in the comment section below. We’d love to know and it will help other women as well!