Fortunately, there are many different types of false eyelashes that can solve all of your beauty problems. With just a little bit of practice, you’ll be able to brighten up your eyes in less than 3 minutes!
Here is a short guide on how to apply false eyelashes easily, quickly and successfully.
False Eyelashes Options
You can either choose a full set of false lashes or opt for small clusters of individual lashes.
For a more natural look apply individual lashes, as they are perfect for filling out your own sparse ones. If instead you want to achieve thicker and fuller looking eyelashes, opt for the full set of lashes.
Tips and Tricks on Applying False Eyelashes Easily
1. Make sure that your eyelids and lashes are perfectly clean, and if necessary pour a small amount of astringent, or toner, onto a cotton pad, and gently wipe over your eye area to remove excess oil.
2. Apply makeup on your eyes as you normally would. A thicker eyeliner line will cover the gap between the false lashes and your natural lash line, and ensure that the skin doesn’t show. Now, curl your lashes and apply a coat of mascara. This will help your natural lashes to blend better with the false ones.
3. Use your tweezers to gently remove your false lashes from the box. Place them on your lids to check whether they are too wide or too long for the shape of your eyes.
If they are too long, trim them, making sure to leave them longer towards the outer corners of your eyes. Never cut them straight across, but try trimming each individual lash at a different length to give them a more natural appearance.
If they are too wide, just snip off a few hairs at one end, or cut a tiny section of the outer edge with a pair of small scissors. Test again and trim more if necessary, until they perfectly fit your eye shape and size.
4. Using a toothpick or a fine makeup brush, or any other similar tool of your choice, apply the glue along the base of your false lashes. Don’t squeeze it directly from the tube, because too much product will come out. Add a little more glue to the edges of the lashes, as the glue tends to wear off more easily at the corners.
Wait for about 30 seconds before applying false lashes to your lids, or until the glue becomes tacky.
5. Use your fingers to apply the lashes on your eyelid as close as possible to the base of your natural lashes. Press down firmly, especially on the outer corners of the strip. Using a sponge eye shadow applicator, go across the band and press lashes in place to ensure good adhesion.
Wait for 30 seconds to 2 minutes until the glue dries completely.
6. Apply another thin coat of mascara, or use an eyelash or eyebrow brush to blend your eyelashes into the false ones.
If there are any gaps between your natural lash line and false lashes, cover them up, by using a dark liquid or pencil eyeliner.
7. If applying individual lashes, squeeze a small amount of glue onto foil or any hard surface, and use tweezers to dip the tip of each eyelash into the adhesive. Let the glue to dry for a minute or until it becomes tacky.
Use tweezers again to insert individual lashes between your natural lashes as close to the roots as possible, making sure to space them evenly and naturally across the lash line.
Hold the glued lash in place for a few seconds to allow it to adhere well. Let it to dry for a couple of minutes, and then curl your lashes with an eyelash curler and apply a few coats of mascara. This will make falsies to blend well with your natural lashes.
Now you are ready to go out and infatuate everyone you want with your fabulous eyes! Let us know in the comments below!