Read on to learn about methods for curing flu easily and strengthening your immune system naturally. They will make you feel better and help you get back on the right track in an incredibly short time.
1. Boost Your Immune System
Take greater amounts of vitamin C and consume fruits and vegetables that contain it. Vitamin C increases the number of white blood cells, which help your body fight infections by producing antibodies that destroy viruses.
Drink teas and take dietary supplements that contain natural immune system boosters, such as zinc, echinacea, camellia sinensis (green tea), goldenseal or astragalus.
2. Drink more Liquids and Hot Beverages
Make sure to increase liquids and drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. Fever can lead to dehydration and it is, therefore, important to constantly replenish lost body fluids and electrolytes.
Water will also keep your respiratory system hydrated and help liquefy phlegm and loosen mucus, making them easier to expel.
Hot liquids are also very useful in treating upper respiratory infections, as they relieve nasal congestion and have soothing effects on inflamed mucous membranes of the nose and throat.
- Sip hot chicken soup. It is a great mucus stimulant and it has been shown that it improves the function of cilia, the small hair-like projections found in the nose and lungs that defend our body against foreign bacteria and viruses.
- Prepare an infusion by combining raspberry leaves, linden blossoms, wild marjoram and honey. Drink it 3 times a day.
- Mix grated ginger root, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and tiny bits of lemon peel. Simmer for 20 minutes, let cool and sip throughout the day.
- Excellent Home Remedies for treating flu easily are teas made with white willow, black elder, meadowsweet, ginger, catnip and boneset. They contain salicin, which is a natural aspirin.
3. Take Steamy Showers
Breathing warm moist air relieves nasal congestion and sooths sore throat. It is one of the most effective methods for curing flu easily, as well as one of the best ways to treat Bronchitis Without Antibiotics.
Hot steamy showers can act as great decongestants, by helping open your airways and moisten mucus membranes. Run them several times a day and take advantage of the Benefits of Peppermint Oil, by adding a few drops of it to your bath water. Inhale the steam deeply.
4. Relieve Nasal Congestion with Salt and Baking Soda
You can buy a neti pot and a ready-made saline solution at a drugstore or prepare everything at home and do it yourself.
Saline irrigations are very effective natural remedies for liquefying mucus and adding moisture to dry nasal membranes. The combination of salt and baking soda will wash away irritants, germs and virus particles, as well as alleviate sinus problems.
- Dissolve ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon baking soda in 1 cup of lukewarm distilled or pre-boiled water. Pour the solution into the nasal cup or a bulb syringe and gently squirt it into your nostril, while holding the other one closed by applying light finger pressure.
Breathe through your mouth and let the saline solution drain. Blow your nose, repeat the procedure 2 more times, then do the same with the other nostril.
5. Gargle Your Throat with Natural Solutions
Gargling is a very simple home remedy that helps moisten sore throat and get rid of phlegm and mucus.
- Dissolve 1 teaspoon of salt in 1 cup of warm distilled or pre-boiled water and use this solution to gargle your throat for a few minutes, 4 times a day.
- Combine 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar with 3 tablespoons of honey and dilute this mixture with 1 cup of warm distilled or pre-boiled water. Gargle 3-4 times a day. It will ease and cure sore throat pain.
6. Use Natural Antibiotics and Spices
Spices and herbs are a very effective alternative to over-the-counter medicines and they represent one of the best methods for curing flu easily and successfully.
Consume them raw or take them in tea, liquid extract or capsule form, and always read instructions carefully before you begin using them.
The incredible Health Benefits of Ginger have been known since ancient times. It has long been used to cure colds and flu and treat a variety of ailments. Ginger can be of great help in fighting viral infections, as well as in stimulating the secretion of mucus and in reducing inflammation.
Chili peppers have a high content of capsaicin, an antioxidant that can increase sweating and relieve flu and fever symptoms. It effectively breaks up mucus and opens and drains congested nasal passages.
Garlic is one of the best Natural Antibiotics to Fight Infections. It has immune-stimulating and antimicrobial properties, very useful in fighting cold and flu viruses. It is best to chew or add raw garlic to your food and consume it immediately after it has been crushed. It contains allicin, a compound similar to penicillin, which is a very unstable and rapidly decomposing substance.
Garlic is also one of the most beneficial Natural Antibiotics for Kids.
Drinking goldenseal teas and extracts or taking it in capsule form is one of the most effective methods for curing flu.
Goldenseal can fight many viruses and infections and alleviate numerous flu and cold symptoms. It can help reduce fever, while soothing inflamed mucus membranes and easing nasal congestion.
If you have tested any of these remedies or you are just planning to try them now, leave a comment and let us know how they work. Suggest some of yours as well!