Sometimes figuring out whether or not a guy even knows you exist can seem impossible. There are times when it feels like you are no one special at all, and that he hasn’t even noticed you’re there, but then there are those other times when his smile has something in it that lets you know you’re on his mind in a way that makes you grin from ear to ear!
How Do You Know if a Guy has Noticed You?
Is it all in your imagination, though? The probability is that if you feel a connection, no matter how slight or insignificant it may look on the outside, then there is a strong chance he likes you or possesses a curiosity about you, he may just not want to show it.
Guys can be weird; they can ignore you and sometimes even tease you and make you feel small when really they are just struggling to express how they really feel about you. Everybody has a different way of showing affection, and it can be mind-boggling. He may even be confused about how he feels. My rule of thumb is that any attention is good attention. If he didn’t give a toss, or if he had his eyes on someone else, then there would be nothing between you at all, and you would know because you wouldn’t be able to feel anything. Trust your instincts.
How to Take Back the Control
Whether a guy has shown an interest in you or not, you can still test the waters. Guys tend to want to chase things that are a little bit out of reach because they like the challenge. If you can tell he has a soft spot for you, or even if you feel he treats you like you don’t exist, it may be because you are way too accessible. He thinks if he could have you so easily then you can’t be that special, and that any guy could have you just as easily!
Every guy wants something unique with the woman they choose; they want something special that no other man has been able to attain. Why? Who knows, it’s a macho thing. Perhaps it makes them feel manlier to be the winner who has successfully hunted, chased down and caught the object of his affection.
If you’re head over heels in love with a boy and he knows it, it is time to take back the control by showing him two things…
- That he has competition
- That you might not be as easy to get as he thought!
How to Play Hard to Get – To Get Your Guy!
Don’t worry about sending off mixed-signals or messing about with a guy’s feelings here. Trust me, as soon as you both enter the game, you will both begin to have some fun! Everything adds to experience and the romance, so don’t be afraid to play hard to get. These are the times he will remember most – when he was fulfilling his natural instincts and allowing himself to feel desire and competitiveness. It’s all healthy stuff.
Here is a foolproof, step-by-step method to play hard to get, so that your guy gets drawn into the game and you both end up winning!
- Stop being attentive, doting and gooey-eyed – I don’t mean that you have to go cold mind you, certainly don’t start to ignore the poor guy or give him dirty looks, he will wonder what he did to upset you! What I mean is to focus your attention on yourself. Put yourself at the center of the universe instead of him. He may not notice at first because he may not be used to paying much attention to you, but you will notice the difference in yourself. You will gain a better perspective, which is an essential foundation to getting what you want.
- Become more and more unavailable – If before, you would drop everything just to be around him, or have a texting conversation for ages just because it’s convenient for him; despite the fact that you’re in the middle of shampooing the dog or doing your weekly supermarket shop – it is time to start cutting things short. Again, you don’t have to be rude or abrupt, but simply illustrate that you have a life of your own. Don’t stay on the phone long, tell him you’ve got to go out. Say you will call him back because you’re busy at the moment. If he wants to hang out because he’s bored tell him you can’t and that you’ll let him know when you are free. He will begin to notice that suddenly you have a lot going on and this is the point when HE will realize that he is not the center of your universe!
- Be Mysterious – The more obscure you can be about how you spend your own time, the more curious he will be about you because suddenly you will be a mystery! Unpredictability is exciting, and mysteries exist to be solved. If he is curious about you, then he will begin to go out of his way to find out more about you, which will mean, out of his own free will, he is paying you attention – finally!
- Show that other men find you attractive – A sure way to put any guy who is interested in you on their toes is to present them with the competition. You won’t even have to tell him that you are interested in any other men, he will smell them sniffing around you a mile off – even if in reality they aren’t! All you have to do is drop a name here and there. If he hears the same name more than once he will start to wonder who this guy he’s never met is, and who he is to you! It will encourage him to start expressing his own feelings and showing you that he wants you, in case he misses out on the opportunity and this stranger gets in first! A great way of showing a guy that other men find you attractive is to organize a night out with your girlfriends and some guys (not just his mates), doll yourself up a bit and let your hair down. Seeing you in action – on the playing field so to speak will definitely wake him up!
- Keep Him Wanting More – When he does start to chase you and you’re happy with the way things are going, don’t give in and go back to doting on him. Maintain everything you have achieved. Keep him guessing. Don’t give him everything he wants all at once. Focus on remaining independent and you should be able to stay in control and have him chase you as far you want, for as long as you want!
Who Has Love Stories to Share?
My best friend went from being depressed because a guy she liked completely ignored her in school corridors, all the way to walking down the aisle together in black and white! The one thing that really helped her (besides patience) is this amazing book that you must read! After applying what she learned from the book, he became so obsessed with her that in the short amount of time he put a ring on her finger. Fascinating, isn't it?