The bad news is that summer cannot last forever. The good news is that fall will bring us new experiences, new chances and new fashion trends. Dive into our selection of the best of for fall 2012 and pick your favorites.
When it comes to colors, crimson is an absolute winner. As a transition from hot, sunny days you can use hot pink and tangerine, color that is still at the peak of its popularity.
Ultramarine green and royal blue are another great duo, especially when you mix them with shades of red. White is still rather popular, but more on that later. Gold, beige, brown and other colors you can find in nature are this fall’s must wear.
- Paul Smith Blazer (stylebop.com)
- Mulberry Bag (net-a-porter.com)
- Milly Avery Dress (net-a-porter.com)
- Lancôme Color Fever Gloss (nordstrom.com)
- Kenneth Jay Lane Gold-plated Collar Necklace (net-a-porter.com)
- Costume National Hat (lindelepalais.com)
- Linea Pelle Dylan Wallet (endless.com)
- Filippa K Belt (nelly.com)
- Dolce & Gabbana Nail Lacquer Nude (harrods.com)
Leather, PVC and a Laminated Finish
Inspired by fetish clothes, the following season will bring us lots of leather and PVC materials in the form of outerwear, separate pieces and accessories. These pieces come in black, white and dark red. The whole outfits look like they were waxed, so this trend is simply called “wax on”.
- Burberry Brogue Platform Ankle Boots (couture.zappos.com)
- Chanel Makeup Collection Musings of a Muse (musingsofamuse.com)
- McQ Alexander McQueen Dress (net-a-porter.com)
- Jil Sander Envelop Clutch (stylebop.com)
Military style is making a huge comeback. You can use one statement piece in order to embrace this trend, and that is a coat. Military styled coats are versatile, and very feminine in their cuts, usually belted, with a lot of interesting details.
- Abercrombie & Fitch Belt (abercrombie.com)
- Lipstick Riviera Tangerine (barneys.com)
- Fendi Knee High Boot (flannelsfashion.com)
- Michael Kors Gia Satchel (neimanmarcus.com)
No, this is not a quote from popular TV show How I Met Your Mother, though the similarities are undeniable. Inspired by the 50’s, suits are one of the biggest fall trends.
Whether you pick a pant suit, or pencil skirt, with a matching blazer, your best choices are the ones in white, and with tartan print. Not only will you look fashionable enough to compete with any style icon, but also, you will add some joy during those grey fall days.
- Givenchy Leather Top (harveynichols.com)
- Black Collar Necklace (missselfridge.com)
- Michael Kors Double Handle Small Satchel (marissacollections.com)
- Mango Trousers (mango.com)
- Heels (modcloth.com)
- Theory Blazer (net-a-porter.com)
Collars and Belts
We wrote about collar necklaces as a summer trend, but they are even bigger during the fall. When it comes to accessorizes, you need few collars and belts in black and brown. Wear belts over everything, from sweaters to coats, in order to make your figure look more feminine. Pick thick and tiny belts, opposite to oversized, and powerful, collars.
- Nicholas Kirkwood Suede Bootie (bergdorfgoodman.com)
- Michael Kors Gia Leather Clutch, Crimson (neimanmarcus.com)
- Gucci Belt (flannelsfashion.com)
- Marni Collar (net-a-porter.com)
- Diane von Furstenberg Dress (barneys.com)
One cannot talk about this fall’s fabrics without mentioning velvet. So elegant and shiny, velvet dresses are a perfect choice for special occasions. Another trend worth mentioning, are oversized coats, and sweaters. While this trend is not new, because we’ve seen it last fall, it is great, because you can simply recycle the pieces you already have somewhere in your closet.
This trend is good because it is wearable and comfy, which is great as the winter approaches. If you want to add, or share, your thoughts on this fall’s major trends, feel free to write us in the comment section. And remember: no matter what the hottest trend might be, if you don’t think that you look good in it, simply don’t wear it. You want you to be a fashion queen, not a fashion victim.
- Alexander Mcqueen Boots (net-a-porter.com)
- Bordeaux Velvet Blazer Francesca (veryeickhoff.com)
- Joseph Frank Leather Skirt (net-a-porter.com)
- Vivienne Westwood Tartan Bag (matchesfashion.com)