Sixty years later, this bag is still a symbol of class, and elegance. If you are lucky enough to have one in your bag collection, here are the five outfit ideas on what to wear it with.
Chanel 2.55 is an absolute classic. It comes in various colors and fabrics, but each and every one of them is unique in their own way. When you are picking an outfit to match the bag, you should stick to those timeless pieces with a touch of Parisian chic. Feel free to add some trendy touches, like colors or prints, but always remember that your bag is a piece of fashion history, and you should treat the bag like that.
An elegant pair of heels with an interesting, and daring print will fit perfectly to your Chanel 2.55 in red. Big golden ring, or a pair of earrings, is a nice finishing touch, but the rest of the outfit might be tricky. While you cannot go wrong with neutral colors, try something else. Maybe like this adorable turquoise silk top, matched with another timeless piece – tailored trousers. This is an outfit that you can wear anywhere, to work, or to some fancy dinner. You will look effortlessly cool and chic, like a true Parisian.
- Matthew Williamson Camel Wrap Trousers (net-a-porter-com)
- Antonio Bernardo Ring (hamiltonhilljewelry.com)
- Valentino Shoes (net-a-porter-com)
- Steffen Schraut Top (stylebop.com)
- Chanel Bag (chanel.com)
This particular model is from 2007, but you can still order it. It is made of the finest silk, and it is a perfect summer bag. Pair it with delicious sandals, like the ones Nicholas Kirkwood made, and with a little red dress, you are ready to go. Turquoise and red are one of the most powerful color combinations, and you have to know how to work with them.
This outfit is not for everyone, it is reserved for women who are confident and sexy, and who are not afraid of attention. Because, to be honest, there is no way that you wouldn’t be in the center of attention with this killer outfit.
- Nicholas Kirkwood Contrast Suede Sandals (harveynichols.com)
- Dana Buchman Gold Tone Teardrop Earrings $12 (kohls.com)
- Chanel Turquoise Satin Bag (portero.com)
- Alberta Ferretti Dress (stylebop.com)
Chanel Ostrich 2.55 is a mixture of the classic Chanel with a touch of exotic. This model goes great with a pair of animal printed heels, like these made by Givenchy. Wear it with a silk top in neutral, nude color, and sequined pants. The whole outfit is great for cocktails and parties, and if you get a chance, you might want to take it to some red carpet event. Small, but yet effective earrings are always a plus, but don’t overdo it.
- Givenchy Sandals (net-a-porter.com)
- Chanel Bag (chanel.com)
- Alberta Ferretti Pants (net-a-porter.com)
- Vince Camuto Geometric Stud Earrings (dillards.com)
- Gucci Silk Top (tessabit.com)
Draped dress is always a good choice. It may hide a few extra pounds, and make you feel more comfortable. With an interesting geometric print, this dress is a great choice, both for evenings, and day events.
Bronze sandals look luxurious, and they match your little black Chanel 2.55 perfectly. Add a feminine belt, and a pair of golden earrings, and you are ready to take over the world. At least, fashion vise.
- Vintage Chanel 2.55 Bag (asos.com)
- Chiffon Folded Drape Dress (matthewwilliamson.com)
- LK Designs Banana Harem Earrings (pret-a-beaute.com)
- Sandro Black Small Leather Belt (stylebop.com)
- Sergio Rossi Bronze Leaf Design Sandals (stylebop.com)
If you are a proud owner of Chanel 2.55 there is no reason you shouldn’t wear it on daily basis. With some pearls around your neck, even ballet flats and a simple top will look fantastic. Since the bag is in light beige, feel free to add some color to your outfit.
This outfit may look simple, but it is rather interesting and a lot of fun. When you look at the pieces separately they all belong to different styles. But, when you mix and match them, you get a perfect first date outfit, an outfit you can wear while taking a long walk, or having a fancy meal with your friends.
- Tee (dorothyperkins.com)
- Kate Spade Pearl Necklace (nordstrom.com)
- Lanvin Skirt (harveynichols.com)
- Stella McCartney Sunglasses (forwardforward.com)
- Lanvin Classic Ballet Flat (matchesfashion.com)
- Chanel Bag 2.55 277 Reissue (portero.com)