A little black dress – is it a cliché? Definitely not! An LBD is a classic piece you should definitely have in your wardrobe. It can look formal and casual; sexy and girl-next-door. That’s why we love it – it is so versatile! Styling an LBD look is so much fun because there are so many options.
Today we’ll style the exact same dress and use it to create five completely different looks. This dress is a classic LBD by Alexander McQueen available at coggles.com.
A Day at the Office
If you choose the right accessories, you can create a perfect look for a long day at the office. Wear your LBD with a light blazer (white is always a good choice) and a pair of platform heels. Make sure that you choose shoes you feel comfortable in. Accessorize with a matching bag and a nice watch.
- Mango Single Button Closure Blazer (houseoffraser.co.uk)
- Becca Coral Suedette Platform Heels (boohoo.com)
- Patent Scallop Leather Robin Bag (orlakiely.com)
- Gold Bangle Watch (oasis-stores.com)
Lunch With the Girls
Wear your LBD with black tights and ballet flats or statement moccasins to create a casual but effective look. Spice it up with a color blocking blazer or jacket. Accessorize with a matching shoulder bag and a cute necklace.
- Rebecca Minkoff Becky Jacket (singer22.com)
- Milano Linear Legging (witchery.com.au)
- Alexander McQueen Chanter Grey Bag (cultstatus.com.au)
- Steve Madden Silver Glitter Loafers (jildorshoes.com)
- Hematite Multi Heart Charm Necklace (torrid.com)
Wear your LBD with comfortable black ballerina flats and some jewelry. Accessorize with a statement bag – the perfect choice would be the crocodile Hermès Birkin in a crazy color (fuchsia, for example).
- Hermès Fuchsia Crocodile Birkin 30cm (fashion.1stdibs.com)
- Repetto Cap Toe Ballet Flats (otteny.com)
- Flock Apart Necklace (modcloth.com)
- Black Leather Bar Ring (missselfridge.com)
A Formal Dinner Party
Black looks perfect paired with nude and ivory shades. Wear your LBD with a nice ivory pashmina, matching high heels, an elegant clutch and a statement piece of jewelry.
- Alexander McQueen Rope/Ivory Skull Pashmina (alexandermcqueen.com)
- Alexander McQueen Stingray Clutch (matchesfashion.com)
- Gold Pieces Metal Cuff (fashionunion.com)
- Charlotte Olympia Dolly Stilettos (farfetch.com)
A Night Out
The hottest summer color combination is here – pink and orange! Wear your LBD with hot summer sandals, a matching clutch and a statement necklace or bracelet.
- Jimmy Choo Rivera Crocodile Effect Leather Envelope Clutch (net-a-porter.com)
- Ruthie Davis Collection Shoes (ruthiedavis.com)
- Cross Over Block Ring (topshop.com)
- Slim Line Soft Jacket (oasis-stores.com)