It doesn’t matter whether you’re a true fashionista or don’t really care about trends and fashion – these are the trends we can’t ignore this spring. And we don’t want to! How ever, keeping up with the current trends shouldn’t be your ultimate goal. You should learn how to keep a balance between looking trendy and being comfortable in what you’re wearing.
Color blocking definitely marked last summer, and now it’s back. Not many can pull it off, so you should be careful when creating your color-blocking outfit.
- Proenza Schouler Tote Bag in Citron (openingceremony.us)
- Guiseppe Zanotti Color Block Patent Leather Sandals (net-a-porter.com)
- Faux Suede Platform Shoes (axparis.co.uk)
- Bracelets (dannijo.com)
- Miu Miu Dress (miumiu.com)
- Vintage Yellow Heart Earrings (thestellarboutique.com)
- Passport Cover (tiffany.com)
- Cimarron Slim Jeans (placedestendances.com)
Floral, animal, tropical, all of them! This spring is all about prints and patterns. Wear floral for a more romantic look or choose animal prints to add some wilderness to your outfit. Whatever you choose, be careful not to overdo it. Choose one pattern or one animal print and stick to it through your whole outfit.
- Alexander McQueen Printed Silk-Chiffon Mini Dress (net-a-porter.com)
- Promise Shoes Indie – Fuchsia (heels.com)
- Thakoon Rose Print Stretch Skinny Pants (net-a-porter.com)
- Citizens of Humanity Chloe Rose Print Shorts in Natural (otteny.com)
- Leopard Print Large Bag (luluguinness.com)
- Stone Cat Print Skinny Scarf (dorothyperkins.com)
- Snake Print Two-Finger Leather Ring (bcbg.com)
- Asos Hunt Super High Leather Wedges With Egyptian Print (asos.com)
- H&M 4 Pairs Earrings (hm.com)
Pink & Orange
Light pink suits are huge this spring, and so are orange skirts and dresses! Pink and orange are everywhere, so make sure you have a few bold pink or/and orange items in your wardrobe.
- Stella McCartney Classic Blazer (farfetch.com)
- Chemins Blancs Top Faux Uni rose (placedestendances.com)
- Miso Color Block Dress (republic.co.uk)
- 3.1 Phillip Lim Pleated Tweed Shorts (brownsfashion.com)
- Stella McCartney Alice Neon Resin Box Clutch (net-a-porter.com)
- H&M Ring (hm.com)
- Giuseppe Zanotti Design Closed-Toe Slip-Ons (thecorner.com)
My personal favorite! Pastel shades are on our nails, our jewelry, and of course, our clothes. They look romantic, trendy and very feminine. Wear pale pink and orange, mint green, light yellow, lavender… So sweet!
- Asos Pastel Jelly Watch (asos.com)
- Current/Elliot the Roller Pastel Mid-Rise Boyfriend Fit Jeans (net-a-porter.com)
- New Pastel Nail Enamel Collection by Inglot (makeup4all.com)
- Matiko Echo Light Red Pastel Color Block Platform Wedges (lulus.com)
- Pastel Across Body Bag (newlook.com)
- Miso Color Block Dress (republic.co.uk)
- Patent Pastel Platform Heels (axparis.co.uk)
Peplum is back! This design, big in the 1930s and 1940s, is back to make things a bit more ladylike in 2012. It looks kind of vintage, but also chic and really elegant. Peplum skirts and dresses accentuate the waist and the curves. And the best thing is – this design looks good on almost every figure.
- Charles Anastase Woven Cotton Top With Layered Peplum (brownsfashion.com)
- Peplum Tee (alloy.com)
- Closet Split Neck Peplum Dress (houseoffraser.co.uk)
- Ribbed Peplum Bodycon Skirt (topshop.com)
- Miu Miu Jersey Frill Peplum T-Shirt (flannelsfashion.com)
- Open Back Peplum Dress (rarefashion.co.uk)
This spring, when we say animal print, we’re not referring to what we’re all used to – zebra or leopard print. We’re actually talking about birds! Birds have inspired many designers and they are everywhere – on shirts, dresses, and bags, even shoes!
- Bird Pattern Chiffon Tunic Dress (sheinside.com)
- Givenchy Bird of Paradise Bag (dazeddigital.com)
- Betsey Johnson Blue Bird Stud Earrings (macys.com)
- Aqua Bird Tea Dress (dorothyperkins.com)
- Nicholas Kirkwood Bird of Paradise Platform Pumps (neimanmarcus.com)
- Flying Bird Ring (topshop.com)
- Black Bird Printed Grab Bag (debenhams.com)
Déja vu? Kind of! Neon was big last fall, and now it’s back to spice up our spring and summer outfits. You can pair a neon item with your color-blocking outfit, but be careful not to overdo it. The best thing to do is wear a neon dress and keep the shoes and the accessories really simple and quiet.
- Ruthie Davis Disco Color Shoes (ohmyshoes.it)
- Brian Atwood Yvesse Patent Leather Peep-Toes (mytheresa.com)
- Proenza Schouler Ps1 Pochette Python (proenzaschouler.com)
- Alexander McQueen Pink Neon Bag (matchesfashion.com)
- Giuseppe Zanotti Shoes (couture.zappos.com)
- Juicy Couture Puffed Heart Stud Earrings (juicycouture.com)
- Asos Neon Orange Plastic Watch (asos.com)
- Neon Color Black Collar (baublebar.com)
- American Apparel Neon Nail Polish (americanapparel.net)